- Be a woman in financial need who is striving to care for herself and her children on her own.
- Live in Jefferson County -or- be a direct referral from an existing nonprofit partner of Hands of The Carpenter or the Good Neighbor Garage Program. An application filled out directly by an existing partner is required in that case.
- Be employed and provide two [most recent] months proof of income, attending school/job training, show proof of social security or disability benefits and be a direct referral from an existing nonprofit partner of Hands of The Carpenter or the Good Neighbor Garage Program.
- Have a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Obtain car insurance before purchasing vehicle (Hands can provide options, if needed).
- Provide current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) – verifying license is valid. If client has had a DUI/DWAI in the last 2 years, we will be unable to place a vehicle.
- Be able to pay the average $900 – $1,500 placement fee (full payment is due when vehicle is received).
- Turn in any currently owned working or non-working vehicle. We are unable to place vehicles as a second family vehicle. If a vehicle is turned in, the client will receive a credit on the scrap metal value.
The Hands' Good Neighbor Garage
Vehicle Placement Program
The aim of the Good Neighbor Garage Vehicle Placement Program is to support single women in need on their road to self-sufficiency. One way we do this is by placing vehicles with qualified recipients. We understand that having a reliable vehicle to get to school, a job, medical appointments or the grocery store can open up opportunities and doors that didn’t exist without a car.
If you are a single mom or woman in need looking for vehicle assistance, read our program requirements below and see if you qualify. There is an application button at the bottom of the page.
How does the Vehicle Placement Program work?
Please note that due to demand, the program fills up and we have to close down the application process until more vehicles are available. You may always check back here to see if it is open.
Vehicle Placement Program - Apply Now!
Unfortunately, if you are not a Jefferson County Resident, we will not be able to serve you unless you are a referral from one of our existing nonprofit partners.