The aim of the Good Neighbor Garage Vehicle Placement Program is to support single women in need on their road to self-sufficiency.
One way we do this is by placing vehicles with qualified recipients.
If you are in need of a car, please look through these requirements to see if you qualify before calling our Hope & Care Team. You must:
- Be a woman in financial need who is striving to care for herself and her children on her own.
- Live in Jefferson County -or- be a direct referral from an existing nonprofit partner of Hands of The Carpenter or the Good Neighbor Garage Program. A referral letter from that partner will be required before the application is considered complete.
- Be employed and provide two [most recent] months proof of income, attending school/job training, show proof of social security or disability benefits and be a direct referral from an existing nonprofit partner of Hands of The Carpenter or the Good Neighbor Garage Program.
- Have a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
- Obtain car insurance before purchasing vehicle (Hands can provide options, if needed).
- Provide current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) – verifying license is valid. If client has had a DUI/DWAI in the last 2 years, we will be unable to place a vehicle.
- Be able to pay the average $900 – $1,500 placement fee (sorry, we are not able to accept payments).
- Turn in any currently owned working or non-working vehicle. We are unable to place vehicles as a second family vehicle. If a vehicle is turned in, the client will receive a credit on the scrap metal value.
**Applications for placement vehicles are on hold right now until we are able to serve women already on the wait list. We anticipate opening back up the 3rd week in July according to the process below.**
Applications for placement will open up every 3rd Monday of the month. After receiving five completed applications we will wait until the next month to accept further applications.
- If you meet the guidelines above, please call our Hope & Care Team at (303) 551-0307 (available 8 A.M. – 5 P.M. Monday – Friday) to start the process.
- After you have filled out the application on the phone, the Hope and Care Team will give you instructions on how to send in (1) proof of income or school enrollment, (2) copy of driver’s license, and (3) your motor vehicle report.
- Mailing Address: GNG / Hands, 16097 S Golden Rd. Golden, CO 80401
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your application package is complete, you will be contacted by our Client Services Manager to set up an appointment so that we can meet together.
- Following your interview, you will be notified if the program is a good fit.
- Approved candidates will be placed on a waiting list subject to individual needs and the available cars.
UNFORTUNATELY, IF YOU ARE NOT A JEFFERSON COUNTY RESIDENT, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SERVE YOU UNLESS YOU ARE A REFERRAL FROM ONE OF OUR EXISTING NONPROFIT PARTNERS.