Hands has two interrelated programs:
TLC (Transportation @Low Cost) Program addresses single mothers’ immediate automotive needs. Clients pay only 50% of what would be charged elsewhere. Hands provides a “First Time” service of either:
- a vehicle repair to be able to keep getting to work (based on a vehicle assessment that will determine the vehicle’s condition)
- a vehicle placement to keep getting to work, which allows time to save for a newer car.
Whether a single mother is provided a one-time assistance for service repair or more, Hands will have:
- Assessed the client’s car, providing her with an assessment report on their vehicle
- Provided one or more repairs by professional technicians or capable volunteers
- Conducted preventative maintenance to avoid or delay more costly major repairs.
- Placed her in a vehicle that had been donated and serviced to keep her on the road.
- Education about the car is offered
The first step to access Hands’ services is to read the information about the TLC Program, which can be accessed by clicking here.