Are you a working single mother looking for assistance with your vehicle, or a vehicle placement? We’ve created a list of common questions and answers just for you!
Hands program requirements are that you are a working single mom w/dependent child(ren), and can provide Hands with proof of income through a W2 employer or self-employment.
The answer is YES, you must provide proof that you are a valid and legal driver, and provide a copy of a current driver’s license to qualify for Hands programs.
Hands offers two programs:
- TLC-one-time assistance program which is the entry for all services for vehicle repair and vehicle placement.
- Lift UP Vehicle Placement & Long-Term Vehicle Maintenance Program.
- If you are interested in learning more about the programs, please click here and read the information before applying.
First step is to fill out an application. Then, after submission of your application, you will receive an email requesting additional documentation to further process your application. For example, a valid vehicle registration, and current insurance will be needed to complete your application.
Click here to start your application. After submission of the application, Client Services will send a request to your email address asking for additional documents to further process your application. For example; You will be asked to provide Hands with two months proof of income from a W2 Employer or self-employment.
In addition, Hands will ask for you to send a copy of your driving record from the Colorado Motor Vehicle Division for Hands to verify if you have had a DWAI or DUI in the last two to three years. For more information on how to obtain your record, please Click here.
VEHICLE REPAIR PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Be able to provide Hands with current and valid registration (must be registered and owned for 6 months in your name)?
- Be able to provide current insurance on the vehicle.
- Hands is unable to rebuild or replace engines or transmissions.
- Hands is unable to work on vehicles that have been in an accident, involved in theft or vandalized.
VEHICLE PLACEMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR TLC OR LIFT PROGRAM
- Be able to provide 2 months proof of working income for vehicle placement (from W-2 employer or self-employment.)
- Be able to provide a copy of a valid and legal driver’s license.
- Be able to provide a copy of your motor vehicle (obtain a copy at https://mydmv.colorado.gov)
- We are currently accepting applications in the following zip code areas:
If you have read the FAQs, and meet all requirements for the program of which you are applying for, click the button below to start your application.
After submission of application has been made, please check your email inbox for additional requests for required documents. Submit all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.