Preventative Vehicle Maintenance vs. Vehicle Repair Maintenance
Preventative vehicle maintenance is all about keeping your car out of the shop, where expensive repairs add up quickly. The expense required to perform routine maintenance will pay for itself many times over compared to fixing a broken down car.
Preventative Vehicle Maintenance means:
- Changing your car’s oil every 3,000 miles vs. just adding oil when it leaks out or burns off
- Using mid-grade fuel from reputable gas stations vs. using the cheapest gas
- Checking your car’s fluid levels regularly (oil, coolant, brake fluid, transmission fluid, etc.)
- Performing annual maintenance vs. ignoring your vehicle manufacturer’s maintenance recommendations
- Aligning the front-end of your car annually vs. having uneven, premature wear on your tires and paying to replace your tires often