The aim of the Good Neighbor Garage Vehicle Placement Program is to support single women in need on their road to self-sufficiency.
One way we do this is by providing donated vehicles to qualified recipients. We receive the donated vehicles and make sure they are in good working order before placing it with a client.
If you are in need of a car, please look through these requirements to see if you qualify before calling our Hope & Care Team:
- Be a single mother / widow in need. We define widow as the woman without the provision or covering of a husband.
- Must live in Jefferson County -or- be a direct referral from an existing nonprofit partner of Good Neighbor Garage or Hands of The Carpenter. A referral letter from that partner will be required before the application is considered complete.
- Must be employed and provide 2 [most recent] months proof of income -or- be a direct referral from an existing nonprofit partner of Good Neighbor Garage or Hands of The Carpenter
- Have a valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Show proof of insurance or be able to be insured
- Provide current Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) – verifying license is valid
- Be able to pay the average $700 – $1,400 placement fee (sorry, we are not able to accept payments)
- Trade in any currently owned working or non-working vehicle (if you have one). We are unable to place vehicles as a second family vehicle.
- If you meet the guidelines above, please call our Hope & Care Team at 888-462-4411 (available 8 A.M. – 6 P.M. Monday – Friday) to start the process.
- Once approved to move forward, please mail, email or fax the (1) proof of income, (2) copy of driver’s license, and (3) your motor vehicle record. Our program coordinator will review your application once it is all received, then set up an appointment so we can meet you.
- Mailing Address: GNG / Hands, 16097 S Golden Rd. Golden, CO 80401
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (303) 552-2381
- Following your interview, you will be notified if the program is a good fit.
- Approved candidates will be placed on a waiting list subject to individual needs and the available cars
UNFORTUNATELY, IF YOU ARE NOT A JEFFERSON COUNTY RESIDENT, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SERVE YOU UNLESS YOU ARE A REFERRAL FROM ONE OF OUR EXISTING NONPROFIT PARTNERS.